If you did not bleed you did not have a good ride mate!” Statements like this can give a beginner rider a pause. However, mountain biking can offer a variety of experiences for all levels of enthusiasts without the necessity of blood transfusions after each ride. Unless of course, bleeding is a requirement. Here is why you are about to experience a great extreme adventure.
- Adrenaline. The surge of adrenaline is every adventurers dream as it fills the thirst for something extreme. Mountain bike rides take cycling to a whole new level by imparting biking skills and techniques that are alien to your conventional bicycling around the block. A lot of ability is needed while going across through challenging bike trails, where usual nature elements such as terrain, dropped tree branches, mud puddles and also rocks become obstacles to completing your path blaze. Speed is another aspect that uses unique skills only established through mountain biking. The correct expertise of bike handling, body positioning and also balance can result to the fastest way to traverse on wheels less the crash and speed ticket.
- Push yourself to the limit. Just when you are about to give up, you discover that you can still pitch in an energy surge or two towards that trail finish. This is one of the common statements from enthusiasts. Commonly a group sport, seldom would you see a rider all by himself, he would usually be part of a riding group or have a bike buddy in tow. Mountain biking promotes motivation and encouragement among riders, this fact provokes a rider to stretch his physical limits, as he discovers the true essence of mind over body in that quest for personal achievement.
- Why mountain bike? Because you can! It is an adventure sport that primarily starts with basic biking skills unlike other sports unlike adventure sports driving range. If you can balance on a bicycle while it is moving then you’re on your way to an experience of a lifetime. Biking skills are developed through time and practice, a source of discipline and learning while having fun.
- Mountain riding is the friendliest competition on two wheels. Usually adventure sports entail more competition than a regular sport. This is because they involve extreme physical activities to be the highest, fastest, farthest, longest, all in superlative form. Despite the intense competition, biking is one of the very few where you would find genuine camaraderie. One unusual scenario before a competition would be competitors exchanging trail experiences, bike mechanical techniques, best practices and the like. It is a true adventure sport where real “sportsmen” are honed.
- No two trails have the same story. Every mountain bike ride results to a lot of things, accomplishments, discoveries and most of all fresh biker tales. Every single ride that a biker does tells a new story of a personal adventure and new experience. Expect that no two tales are alike. To an enthusiast each new trail to ride on is another top experience tale in the making. Mountain biking rewards you with a new experience to buzz about till that next ride.
- Discover and rediscover your passion for the outdoors. Mountain biking is one of the few adventure sports that you can enjoy in almost any weather conditions. Enjoy the same trail in different scenarios, wet, dry or with frost. With options enabling you to specialize your bike for some weather specific requirements, one would surely agree it is a great way to get that adrenalin rush as you awe at the beauty of the great outdoors.
- Mountain biking is an AA sport. It is adventure with advocacy. Since the founding of the International Mountain Bicycling Association in 1988, associations around the world have taken on the advocacy of trail preservation and conservation. Building trails that do not disrupt the balance of nature and wildlife is the primary concern, alongside strategic planning and construction advice for countries and locations that are interested in building bike trails.
Head first. The basic and most common essential when bike riding is a helmet. A naturally dangerous sport, and just like most adventurous sports, eliminating the risks begin with safety gear, and a helmet is the first and most important gear of all. An instructor’s prime instruction to a participating traveller is wearing a helmet always during the ride.
Important pointers when Mountain Biking
Equipment that is reliable. These bikes are specially designed for the tough but lovely and scenic outdoors. The front and rear suspensions are installed on these bikes so that you experience the bumpy terrains and avoid the back pains later on. With manifold gears making it easy for pedalling across steep terrain with relative ease, you will enjoy your ride. Handle bars are ergonomically designed for control. Sisk brakes were introduced for a safer decent. All bikes are inspected and made sure to be ready for your trekking adventure.
The guides on your trek are experts in the field; they will familiarize you with the trail by riding it at slower speed at first. They will teach you some valuable safety tips such as slowing when approaching blind corners, stopping and inspecting all areas of the biking tour that can be challenging. Planning crashes also play a major part in trekking; knowing the areas in the tour where an accident may happen is valuable knowledge to have before you embark on your adventure. Speed is an important aspect of your safety and your guides will inform you on the correct levels of speed that will allow you to carefully adjust to any unexpected incidence or trouble.
Important aspect about the Mountain Bike
Biking on the mountains are a very pleasant activity that mixes both cardio and fun in an exhilarating way. Though an innately dangerous sport, it can be very safe provided that you are in the know of the sport’s physical, technical and knowledge requirements.
These bikes are usually designed to be able to withstand a vast amount of abuse. The mountain bike allows people to have a great exercises workout which are good for the body and they are also a reliable mode of transport just like africa twin adventure sports bike.
When you are looking to buy a mountain bike it is very important to consider what it will be used for and what features who will need within the bike.
When you are choosing a bike it is a good idea to keep in mind the type of terrain that you will be covering. If you are going to be riding on rough terrain you will require a bike that is sturdy and strong as this will enable you to sustain pressure and stress. It is very important to get the correct bike for your requirements, as this will enable you to avoid accidents.
There is a vast range of mountain bikes that are available and it is very important to opt for the bike that best fits your requirements. It is very important to do some research into the wide range of aspects of the mountain bike.
The most essential aspect of the bike is that it should balance well when being handled, it should have a strong and long lasting structure, it should have a robust framework and it should be a joy and easy to ride.